Author Topic: S2M Rule Clarification  (Read 23024 times)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: S2M Rule Clarification
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2011, 10:18:36 PM »
By now, it's obvious that the shootout was very poorly roleplayed. Any characters killed should not be PK'd.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:20:14 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Arkaeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2011, 10:19:30 PM »
You guys started yelling at me to drop the stuff I had picked up from you guys, and I told you to get an admin to tell me, at which  time one of you said that you had.
"In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now."

Offline Sawnik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2011, 10:19:42 PM »
By now, it's obvious that the shootout was very poorly roleplayed. Any characters killed should not be PK'd.

Agree.

Offline Arkaeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2011, 10:20:34 PM »

How is it obvious? I was /me'ing detail down to SWEATING and SHAKING. If that's not giving them time to react I really don't know what is.
"In ancient times, men built wonders, laid claim to the stars and sought to better themselves for the good of all. But we are much wiser now."

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2011, 10:20:51 PM »
I have been calling for a redo all along. I think that Fudo and Y-R were fairly killed. (Fudo did react by whirling around and pointing his gun at the other guy, giving me a chance to shoot him in the back of the head). Therefore, the RP should be redone from the point where we are standing off across the tunnel.
[CG-SA]Toy4x4funrun: When guns are involved RP = basicly void
lolwut?

Offline Sawnik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2011, 10:22:05 PM »
Again, I did not know what was going on...

If I knew what was I would've killed you both or something else.

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2011, 10:22:40 PM »

How is it obvious? I was /me'ing detail down to SWEATING and SHAKING. If that's not giving them time to react I really don't know what is.
We DO NOT care about your /meing
1. We could not see ANY of them.
2. You still hit us in S2M without any rolling, admitting it was on purpose. If it had been an accident it would have been voided and RP resumed. Therefore, either way is against the rules.
lolwut?

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2011, 10:24:05 PM »

That's good, high quality RP. However, you need to remember to let players react at key moments as well. That includes when you actually kill them.
o7

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2011, 10:25:18 PM »
Again, I did not know what was going on...

If I knew what was I would've killed you both or something else.
Your character did not know what was going on either. All you knew was that Operator shot Y-R. The fact that you aimed at Operator and turned your back to me makes it seem like you thought he was the only hostile. And it would be breaking FearRP to try to kill two people who have you at gunpoint. I know you had a weapon out, but it was lowered. Raising it would:
1. Be breaking of fearRP
2. End up with you shot, as we would shoot you as soon as you made a movement to raise it.
lolwut?

Offline Arkaeth

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2011, 10:25:58 PM »
No, it's not. I was spraying the area around you, as I've said multiple times. That's what s2m is. Firing at an area. Naturally some of the shots are going to hit.

We couldn't see your /me's either. The point is that you had the time to react to what was going on.

Offline Sawnik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2011, 10:28:50 PM »
OOC'ly I didn't know what was going, I didn't know if it was that guy being a dumbass, so I walked over to him and had my gun up, I then was gonna ask Toy if I should kill him. Which then I was /me killed, and I had no time to react or do anything.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:30:33 PM by s0nicdawg »

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2011, 10:29:11 PM »
No, it's not. I was spraying the area around you, as I've said multiple times. That's what s2m is. Firing at an area. Naturally some of the shots are going to hit.
Which is what YankeeSamurai said earlier, all accidental hits are voided.
We couldn't see your /me's either. The point is that you had the time to react to what was going on.
We reacted by sitting there and shooting back, which got us killed by you without /rolls.
lolwut?

Offline JoshB

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2011, 10:30:14 PM »
OOC'ly I didn't know what was going, I didn't know if it was that guy being a dumbass, so I walked over to him and had my gun up, I then was gonna ask Toy if I should kill him. Which then I was killed. Then I realized he did a /me.
So the OOC issue worked itself out. Also, I was planning on shooting you at the same time as Operator shot Toy. That made me rush to do the /me after.
lolwut?

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2011, 10:30:35 PM »

This is dicey shootout roleplay and should be avoided. Spraying an area can (and should) be done for cinematic effect, but no shots should just "naturally hit" a target. When you want to wound a player, you MUST fully /me it out. You also need to wait for the player to react to you.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 10:34:20 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Sawnik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2011, 10:36:39 PM »
I think we should redo this.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal