Author Topic: Jeep Wrangler and Ford Crown Victoria  (Read 6544 times)

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Jeep Wrangler and Ford Crown Victoria
« on: May 17, 2013, 08:39:44 PM »

I am making a suggestion for these two vehicles to be added to the server.

First: The Ford Crown Victoria, made by SentryGunMan. For a while now we have wanted a new police car to replace the vapid, and here I give you the solution. If you know SentryGunMan then you know he is one of the four main creators of the WAC helicopters. He, by himself, made all of the planes that are now out. And after he had played on our server he wanted to introduce his vehicle on our server.

Now everyone must feel that the vapid is currently a favorite, or at least over the Dodge. But this is even better. Better quality and exactly what we have been looking for. Plus, the creator WANTS US to use it. So not really using it without any kind of permission.

Now, benefits of adding this new vehicle:

- A higher quality vehicle with excellent sounds.
- New options for how it can be spawned. There are two skins that it could use as a police vehicle, also there is a civilian version if you want it to be converted so people can buy it too.
- It already has perfect steering, SentryGunMan didn't slap this vehicle together like most others you see around, like many TDM cars.
- Just another new thing that people can look at and enjoy.
- If not for the civilian use, the white skin can be used as an undercover sort of thing. The vehicle also has several body groups, which include lights. When the undercover cop turns them on they can appear maybe. Just an idea.
- Good, realistic sounds based on real police vehicles, not some random stuff like we hear in game.

Here is the other police skin that it can have:

And now here is a small video of it rotating around and with the two other skins next to it. The white one could be used for civilian use or maybe even an undercover car like SentryGunMan wanted it to be.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA_flsTOPU0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA_flsTOPU0</a>

Another picture looking up near the rear to give a better look at the quality:

Now onto the Jeep Wrangler by TDM: The Jeep, the only vehicle type our server doesn't have. We have trucks, SUVs, sedans, ATVs, buses, coops, and many others. But not one of the most iconic vehicles around the world. The Jeep is one of the most renowned vehicles in America, and when it comes to the military it was a favorite. Even to the public people just loved the thing. It drives like no other vehicle, I personally own one and if you get into a Jeep you will realize that. I just find it a bit ridiculous that we do not have this class of vehicle in the game yet and I am asking for it to be added.
The TDM jeep is well made, in fact the handling is perfect. Nothing with that needs to be changed, don't believe me? Install the TDM SVN and you will see how great it performs. Changing it will only make it worse, believe me.

Benefits:
- We will finally have pretty much every general class of vehicle in our servers.
- A favorite vehicle to many people will not be added into the game.
- It provides a new experience for players if it is left alone (Not changed). It performs very well offroad, like a real jeep does. The suspension and everything just proves this.
- People WILL love it. Like the PMP it would be a reliable vehicle because of how it would perform offroad and it's handling.

Now you may be thinking there is already other vehicles that people want added and why should this be more special? Its a different class, we have no Jeeps. And considering it's history I don't see why some new thing like the Bugatti is added when one of the most important vehicles in military and civilian history is not. And in real life I love my Jeep, everyone does. If you have seen a Jeep go for sale and at what price you will notice they don't lose their value at all. They are just proven vehicles.

Video of it rotating around in a circle, some skins and body groups are shown:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAjNQ9wBGbU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAjNQ9wBGbU</a>

And here is a very good video on the military history of the Jeep, just so you can see why it was so important, if you watch it I give you free hugs!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygsz6J_r0aU" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygsz6J_r0aU</a>

And an image showing the detail on it from around the rear:

Also here are my thoughts on what should be added with it:
- It should be "very strong," considering the fact that it can CLIMB ROCKS! lol.
- The fuel should be good. After 2012 Jeeps now have about 18-20 mpg city. Used to be like 14-15 I believe. So I am thinking 4-500 liters.
- Considering it's performance, it should be priced around at least 200k+, not realistic but since when are the prices in game that.
- I want to make a suggestion for all the TDM cars we have for this but there is different body groups for the hood, adding armor could make a change that you could see on the Jeep. Same for the bumper, upgrade to the winch or other one.
- Keep in mind, its a 4 seater not a five. Realistically it would be impossible unless they were three babies, its small. I own one lol.

Again, I own one, it is an amazing vehicle in real life, and in this TDM version. Adding it will not be regretted.
I hope you enjoy this suggestion and support it, as I love the Jeep and SentryGunMan's police cruiser. Don't belive me that they are good? Try them with the links below (SVN trunk for TDM cars and Workshop page for SentryGunMan's car).

Links:
To SVN trunk for TDM cars: http://gmod-dl.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/TDMCarpack/
Workshop page for SentryGunMan's police car: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=144415557&tscn=1368834678

Link for the Modern Marvels video about the Jeep: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygsz6J_r0aU
Link to the video of the Jeep rotating: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAjNQ9wBGbU
Link to the video of the Police Car rotating: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA_flsTOPU0
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:00:45 PM by [S-ZPS] Sherman [EC] »

Offline Bish

• PENIS IN A BOX
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jeep Wrangler and Ford Crown Victoria
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 08:44:10 PM »
Yes, just... yes, add this for the sake of beauty and grace.  I love the jeep, it could be really fun.
For The Social Republic Of The Soviet Union

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 08:50:25 PM »
For the record, we would probably make our own skin for the Crown Victoria, especially since there is an included template for it.
Live free or die

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 08:51:43 PM »
For the record, we would probably make our own skin for the Crown Victoria, especially since there is an included template for it.

That is fine. Just the ones currently on there are high quality. Just the cars we are talking about, not so much the skins. Although they are already made, don't know why you would spend the time making new ones.

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 09:11:07 PM »
Not bad, As long as the seating is good and car scripts work, yeah, I'll support. The skin for the Crown vic will be modified for Evocity, but it looks nice.

Offline [ACS Cpl.] Midnightspy007

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2013, 09:53:47 PM »
I support this, another vehicle would be great

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 10:24:47 PM »
Not bad, As long as the seating is good and car scripts work, yeah, I'll support. The skin for the Crown vic will be modified for Evocity, but it looks nice.

Got a particular texture in mind? Or keep it the same and just edit some stuff?

Offline tics

• The Artist Formerly Known as Ricky
  • Developer
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2013, 10:37:59 PM »

Got a particular texture in mind? Or keep it the same and just edit some stuff?
Well we're talking about the exterior texture, just to be clear, and we would probably make it match up with the current Evocity one for the Charger, but I'm planning on putting together a new texture for that and suggesting it, since I hate the current one and I made it.
Live free or die

Offline Jake

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2013, 09:41:34 AM »
I +support the fuckin hell out of this...

+support
+support
+support
+support
+support

I know 4 different coding languages, learning LUA right now. aw yis

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2013, 10:11:30 AM »
Wouldn't mind the Jeep. It'll bring back memories of my brother's JK with a 3" lift, 35" tires, mopar steel bumper, KC aux lights. God damn it, someone model that Jeep for me :(

But yeah, the models look great. I say add them.

Offline [S-ZPS] Sherman

• Better than nobody
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2013, 11:11:56 AM »
Wakeboard you had a jeep? :D
Just got a new one about six months ago. LOVE IT! Gona start offroading in the summer when I go upstate. You ever done that with yours if you had? Need tips.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2013, 01:08:16 PM »
Wakeboard you had a jeep? :D
Just got a new one about six months ago. LOVE IT! Gona start offroading in the summer when I go upstate. You ever done that with yours if you had? Need tips.
It was my brothers, but yeah it was sick. We took it off-roading almost every weekend. Definitely get some mud tires, like the Wrangler MT R's. Jeeps are mainly rock crawlers, so don't try and get through deep mud with them; it won't work.

But let's keep this on topic, now :P

Offline Lucky3lion ?3

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 10:04:40 PM »
So when can I get it? :P

Offline davidjjdj

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2013, 11:51:08 AM »
I support these cars! They look like amazing models and should be added to OCRP!

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2013, 01:00:27 PM »
Why havent these been added yet? Average modern car and a 10x better cruiser? Please do!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal