Author Topic: [9/11/11] Orange Cosmos RP Update  (Read 6295 times)

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[9/11/11] Orange Cosmos RP Update
« on: September 11, 2011, 02:47:40 PM »

Server Update

• Orange Cosmos RP Update
    • Added the American Flag to Hardware available only today to show off your patriotism and honor those lost 10 years ago today.
    • This flag is going for 30k at Hardware for today only, its is expensive for the fact that it keeps people from buying like 100+ just because.
    • A flag now flies on the Government Center.

I sat down last night to write this code and find this model, provided by Kathar.  Show your patriotism and buy one today!  Let us never forget what happened exactly ten years ago today.  Thanks to Crap-Head and Tomasas for putting up the item and Tomasas for coding the mega flag at nexus.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:39:56 PM by *anonim* »

Offline Gaars

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Loyal To The Government [OCRP Award] Junkie [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [9/11/11] Orange Cosmos RP Update
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 03:15:44 PM »
Fuuuuuck Iam Banned i cant buy it :/

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 03:20:12 PM »
Woah, this actually amazed me, did not see this coming.
A very very good way to remember them, and force it upon those who don't care, they should know.
Edit:
Click to see the original size.

Invest people, invest into the future.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 03:48:53 PM by Martinerrr »

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 04:09:20 PM »
* Nicknero1405 spends his 3 million to buy 100 flags. Nah kidding, I'm European. Still going to buy 10 though.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 04:12:07 PM »
I only had enough to buy 4....

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 04:13:58 PM »
Yeah lets not post how many we bought.

Flags will be removed from the nexus and store tomorrow at around 14:00 GMT +2. The flag will still be in your inventory though and you can do whatever you wish with it.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Darthkatzs

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 05:19:28 PM »
And will you be adding flags of all european countries involved in world war one on the 11th of november then?
And will we remember the holocaust by adding jewish signs?
Course not, even though more people died there, it's not "american" enough.
You might feel offended by this because you might have lost someone on september 11th, but I lost half my family back in the war times, so don't use that as an argument.

"patriotism": not everyone is American you know...

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 05:34:18 PM »
And will you be adding flags of all european countries involved in world war one on the 11th of november then?
You might feel offended by this because you might have lost someone on september 11th, but I lost half my family back in the war times, so don't use that as an argument.

The server is located in America.  If this was not true, there probably wouldn't be a flag.  Why the hell do you seem to shoot down everything anyone comes up with?

Offline Darthkatzs

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 05:36:40 PM »

The server is located in America.  If this was not true, there probably wouldn't be a flag.  Why the hell do you seem to shoot down everything anyone comes up with?

This is an international community.

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2011, 06:44:37 PM »

So, you think the community doesn't care about those events?
You think we disregard human tragedies on a basis of pure nationalism?

Darthcatzs, I understand your frusteration. Many tragedies deserve far more recognition and awareness than they receive.
Although with that said, I believe it's inherently wrong to attack people's values in order to promote one's own. The only result of this is a chaotic bunch of insensitive hot-heads pushing their losses above another's.

9/11 deserves its recognition. However, that's not to say that other events do not. But again, the way to go about raising awareness for tragic events is not by attacking other ones. Talk to the leadership, work something out. Not one person in this community would be opposed to creating something special for the commemeration of Yom Hashoah or Rememberance Day.

Like you said Darthcatzs, CG is an international community. There is enormous potential for the creation of international awareness, tolerance, and sensitivity; 9/11 is only the start. Problem is, this goal can never be achieved if the importance of an event is constantly diminished.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:56:58 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Darthkatzs

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2011, 06:48:06 PM »

So, you think the community doesn't care about those events?
You think we disregard human tragedies on a basis of pure nationalism?

Darthcatzs, I understand your frusteration. Many tragedies deserve far more recognition and awareness than they receive.
Although with that said, I believe it's inherently wrong to attack people's values in order to promote one's own. The only result of this is a chaotic bunch of insensitive hot-heads pushing their losses above another's.

9/11 deserves its recognition. However, that's not to say that other events do not. But again, the way to go about raising awareness for tragic events is not by attacking other ones. Talk to the leadership, work something out. Not one person in this community would be opposed to creating something special for the commemeration of Yom Hashoah or Rememberance Day.

Like you said Darthcatzs, CG is an international community. There is enormous potential for the creation of international awareness, tolerance, and sensitivity; 9/11 is only the start.

You completely missed my point. My point is that this should stay OUT of the community.
People can talk about it and make topics, but don't dedicate stuff related to the community to it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 06:49:45 PM by Darthkatzs »

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 06:55:22 PM »
Apologies for missing your point, but you did not make it clear in your original post.

To address said point: I guess I more-or-less agree with you; I believe that adding rememberance items is acceptable in-game, but with the condition that one event is not given higher priority or attention than another.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 07:05:38 PM by YankeeSamurai »
o7

Offline Technical Abbreviations

• Acolyte Of The Carp God Baby
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 07:41:51 PM »
sadly i had my 1million dollar lotto before this. Cant buy now :c
Spoiler for :D:
\\r\\nWe live in the explosion of a bomb that has not yet finished exploding. You and everything you love are debris. Have a good day ^_^\\\'\\\'\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: Who is talking?\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: They sound hot\\r\\nJiggerFrizz: The background\\r\\nDegtyarev: They are 11 :l

Offline Nespc

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 04:28:14 AM »
Will they able to be stolen when you get knocked out?
Characters profiles\r\n\r\nNone: **** i 4got to log on 4 2 long xD

Offline TOMASAS

• da best xd
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 04:48:12 AM »
Flags are no longer for sale in the shops.
Stop assuming things.

bitcoin: 1Fq4EFYLwvktC3uKM6d6qu8irSwepqigAX

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal