Author Topic: My life after school.  (Read 2511 times)

Offline kmp

• 4chan is my friend
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
My life after school.
« on: September 13, 2012, 10:02:48 PM »
I'm at the point in my life where I have to determine what I'm going to be doing after I finish Highschool. I already have a great academic record under my belt and I still have two years left of Highschool. When I finish grade 12 (Hopefully with a good mark) and with my Certificate III in Multimedia and Certificate III in Business, I have the ability to get any starting (nearly every) starting position in most jobs. The job I've decided to take on is to join the Australian Defence Force as a Tank Crewman in the 1st Armoured Regiment, working with the M1 Abrams MBT. It's an interesting job and my friends and I all appear to be wanting a career in the Army. One of my friends is joining up as an Artilleryman, another as an Artillery Spotter and one is joining the Armoured Corp to work with the Bushmasters. As you can see, my friends and I are all working towards a successful career in the Army. The only problem is, I have little to no knowledge of what life is like in Combat, and was hoping that some of you (with friends, family etc in the armed forces) could give me a few tips on what it is like to be in actual combat. Luckily for me, if I get in and operate a MBT, I have a massive layer of armour plating surrounding me so small arms fire wouldn't really be a problem.
C18.MPF.RAZOR-OfC.448

Offline Penguin

• Jesus Christ Is Real
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: My life after school.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 10:05:24 PM »
Combat is different in many ways depending on the situation. Such as tank combat is far different the small arms combat. If you really want to get a feel for combat go play some paintball or airsoft, as it is very fun and you get an adrenaline rush from it. Other than that I have no first hand experience with combat...

The Mysterious Stranger

Re: My life after school.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 06:44:31 PM »
I'm at the point in my life where I have to determine what I'm going to be doing after I finish Highschool. I already have a great academic record under my belt and I still have two years left of Highschool. When I finish grade 12 (Hopefully with a good mark) and with my Certificate III in Multimedia and Certificate III in Business, I have the ability to get any starting (nearly every) starting position in most jobs. The job I've decided to take on is to join the Australian Defence Force as a Tank Crewman in the 1st Armoured Regiment, working with the M1 Abrams MBT. It's an interesting job and my friends and I all appear to be wanting a career in the Army. One of my friends is joining up as an Artilleryman, another as an Artillery Spotter and one is joining the Armoured Corp to work with the Bushmasters. As you can see, my friends and I are all working towards a successful career in the Army. The only problem is, I have little to no knowledge of what life is like in Combat, and was hoping that some of you (with friends, family etc in the armed forces) could give me a few tips on what it is like to be in actual combat. Luckily for me, if I get in and operate a MBT, I have a massive layer of armour plating surrounding me so small arms fire wouldn't really be a problem.

Sorry for necroposting.

I am currently trying to finish my grades in order to achieve my dreams of becoming a Canadian Armed Forces paratrooper or to become a Royal Canadian Mounted Police kind of person. I don't know but I plan on joining one of them but I have to think about it. My family never really went to the war except one of them who is a World War II veteran.

You should do some research like watching some footage of live action firefights, researching about the current war that is happening across the globe, what do they do, what division you are more interested in and so forth.

Here, take a look at this:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwJW5sk0wPw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwJW5sk0wPw</a>

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 06:46:43 PM by STALKER »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal