Author Topic: [06/01/2014] Harbor Roleplay Update  (Read 8949 times)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[06/01/2014] Harbor Roleplay Update
« on: June 01, 2014, 05:50:34 PM »

Server Update

Changelog:
  • [Changed]Adjusted yacht turning
  • [Changed]Adjusted SC-1 steering
  • [Changed]Adjusted SC-1 police lights
  • [Changed]HUD
  • [Changed]Playtime counter now displays "months, days, hours, minutes"

• [Fixed]Stacker tool now matches VIP/Gold prop limits.
  • [Fixed]Not being able to buy an entity after it's been removed. You can now buy radios, microwaves, etc after they've been removed.

• [Added]V3 of the current map. Download here. or from the server.
  • [Added]Prop spawn timer. Must wait 1 second between spawning props.
  • [Added]Laws for the mayor. Mayor can set laws in F4 -> Laws, and citizens can view them in F4 -> Laws. Laws are wiped when mayor resigns/is killed.
  • [Added]Ability to change org name. Costs $1k, you can allow someone else to change it in the permissions section of the org menu, and the button is at the bottom of the org menu.
  • [Added]/roll #. Max number is 100, minimum is 10. If the other player does not want to participate in rollplay, then don't do it.
  • [Added]New rule under 'General Roleplay':
    • No one is forced to rollplay(Use of /roll). If someone does not want to participate in /roll, then don't depend on it to resolve a RP situation.
  • [Added]Armor upgrade. Purchased from any gun dealer.
  • [Added]Brought back lottery. Mayor can activate it by typing "/lottery" or from the F4 menu.
  • [Added]NLR Zone. A marker on the world appears showing you where you died. Do not get near it or else you will respawn. It will display chat messages when you are near or when it is going to respawn you. Your NLR zone will disappear after 10 minutes and does not work on red harbor. Admins are able to remove the NLR zone if the situation is proven to ignore NLR.
  • [Added]Cleat/tie down entity. Purchase it from F4 -> Entities. Freeze it on the dock/near your boat, press E on it, and hit "Mount". Then press E on it and hit "Tie Boat". Anyone can untie the boat, but only the owner of the cleat can tie it down.
  • [Added]Admin stuff. Admins view it in the HRP admin board.
  • [Added]New weapon holdtype system. There are two modes: Passive and normal. Hold 'Reload' to switch between them.

Don't worry, the vehicle customization update will come soon, however I wanted to get these out as soon as I could to freshen up the gamemode a bit.

Like any other day, report bugs here.
If you have a suggestion for something new or a change to a pre existing feature, suggest it here.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 06:04:02 PM by Wazzie- »

Offline Sambolinski

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [06/01/2014] Harbor Roleplay Update
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 05:57:41 PM »
Great update! but what is someone RDM's you just outside of spawn, so when you go through the portal it will re-spawn you.

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 06:03:32 PM »
Great update! but what is someone RDM's you just outside of spawn, so when you go through the portal it will re-spawn you.
NLR Zone won't work in red harbor. I'll add that to the OP.

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 11:57:20 PM »
Teeheehee.
* Statua rubs hands excitedly.

I've been waiting for this. Still no wakeboat D:

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 12:09:31 AM »
Teeheehee.
* Statua rubs hands excitedly.

I've been waiting for this. Still no wakeboat D:
Next update. That and (hopefully) a few other boats along with vehicle customization. I'm working on a new base for boats as currently there isn't one.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 06:18:15 AM »
What if you, for example, accidentally propkill yourself while building your base at the oil rig and no admins are online? Are you supposed to simply wait for ten minutes in RH and let people steal your shit because a script is stopping you from returning?
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 08:17:21 AM »
What if you, for example, accidentally propkill yourself while building your base at the oil rig and no admins are online? Are you supposed to simply wait for ten minutes in RH and let people steal your shit because a script is stopping you from returning?
Props will not trigger the NLR zone.

Offline Top Hatted Cat

• Something is creating script errors
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2014, 10:41:51 AM »
Props will not trigger the NLR zone.

So will the NLR zone only work when you are killed by another player? I killed myself to test it last night and I got the marker of where I died, but when I went near it, it didn't do anything. It would be nice if the marker didn't show when it isn't active.

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2014, 11:16:49 AM »
What if you're RDMed at your base and no admins are online? NLR zone prevents you from protecting your stuff.
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Top Hatted Cat

• Something is creating script errors
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2014, 11:25:01 AM »
What if you're RDMed at your base and no admins are online? NLR zone prevents you from protecting your stuff.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of NLR zones. There are more situations where they work against legitimate players than where they work for them.

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2014, 12:37:12 PM »

NLR counts for any kill unless an admin says otherwise. Simply because the average player had bad judgment and just calls everything RDM when it could have been a legitimate kill.

Same goes for killing yourself. Stop abusing the no-respawn time benefit as goldmembers and kill yourself to get back to red harbor faster.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

Offline wakeboarderCWB

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2014, 10:02:04 PM »
Changed NLR Zone timer from 10 minutes to 7 minutes. Also changed the time stated in the rules from 5 minutes to 7 minutes. Let me describe the NLR zone a bit more:

If you are killed by another player, not a prop, and you are not in Red Harbor then a NLR zone will pop up around your death point. When you get close to your death point, it will tell you that you are nearing it and will tell you to leave. If you get closer, it will tell you that you have 5 seconds to leave or else it will respawn you. The nlr zone is removed after 7 minutes and you can return to your death area after it is removed.

If you type kill in console, the nlr zone shows up as using kill in console is IC. It is the same as suiciding ICly, thus you have to follow NLR.

You do realize that you have to follow NLR after you're killed, right? Either with or without the NLR zone, you cannot return after 7 minutes. The NLR zone just makes it more enforced.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 10:05:42 PM by Wazzie- »

Offline Teitoku Ippan

• weeaboo faggot
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Owner Party
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2014, 06:11:57 AM »
Changed NLR Zone timer from 10 minutes to 7 minutes.

why is it not 5 mins like NLR rule originally was

Offline Keskjer

• Catalyst Gaming
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2014, 06:13:59 PM »
Looks awesome. I like the clouds.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 01:41:10 PM by Keskjer »

Offline Royal.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2014, 06:23:07 PM »