Author Topic: [03/16/14] HL2RP Update #2  (Read 9602 times)

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[03/16/14] HL2RP Update #2
« on: March 15, 2014, 08:45:05 PM »

Another HL2RP update was just pushed live. It should solve most of the currently known bugs and issues – that means the future updates should be focused on actual new features.

Changelog:
- The 'pet' player flags requiring you to switch characters before they take effect.
- Issues with MPF/OTA private boards access. The system now takes all of your characters in mind while determining your access levels.
- The private boards check is now run at name change and character load, and you may also invoke it manually by using the /CheckForumAccess command.
- Readded /PlyGiveTokens.
- VIPs and Gold Members will now get their character-specific 'pe'/'petv' flags converted to player-wide upon character load (backwards compatibility).
- All doors belonging to the citizen hospital will now be locked automatically on server startup (much like CWU doors).
- Added some more voicecommands.
- All custom voicecommands now show up in the directory menu as expected.
- Readded /InitiateRations. The command now also remembers the ration status - when you use it for the first time, rations are announced. When you use it for the second time, it's announced that rations are no longer available.
- Reverted MPF character name format to three digits, instead of five. Renamed all existing MPF characters to comply with this standard.
- Characters in the Overwatch Transhuman Arm and the Vortigaunt factions will now be hidden from the scoreboard, visible only by fellow faction members and server administrators.
- Removed the 'v' flag paycheck.
- Removed paycheck from all non-commanding MPF and OTA units. Only the command staff is keeping it. The higher rank you are, the more tokens you get.
- Added the 'w' and 'W' flags to allow for individual paychecks.
- Fixed request devices. /request's are now only heard by MPF units.
- Added more food items. They need to get a little filtered, some have corrupted models.
- Added the 'f' flag that grants access to the CWU food menu on non-CWU characters.
- Added the 'F' flag that allows a non-administrator manage whitelists/transfer characters to the flag owners faction (i.e. faction manager flag).
- MPF High Command/Elite OTA units can now purchase weapons and ammunition corresponding with their rank in the business menu.
- Fixed a bug that'd prevent new players from having a database record created.
- The doors at the bridge leading to the City Administration office won't stay open forever any longer and will close like all other doors from now on.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:59:26 PM by Khub »

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [03/16/14] HL2RP Update #2
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 08:50:19 PM »

Changelog:
- Readded /PlyGiveTokens.
- Added some more voicecommands.
- All custom voicecommands now show up in the directory menu as expected.
- Removed the 'v' flag paycheck.
- Added the 'w' and 'W' flags to allow for individual paychecks.
- Fixed request devices. /request's are now only heard by MPF units.
- Added more food items. They need to get a little filtered, some have corrupted models.
- Added the 'f' flag that grants access to the CWU food menu on non-CWU characters.
- Added the 'F' flag that allows a non-administrator manage whitelists/transfer characters to the flag owners faction (i.e. faction manager flag).
Thnks bby been wanting these.

Offline [CA] KiwieeEh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 09:16:35 PM »
- Removed paycheck from all non-commanding MPF and OTA units. Only the command staff is keeping it. The higher rank you are, the more tokens you get.

Not quite sure if i agree with this one.
I understand that MPF units shouldn't be rolling in it but even at an 04, buying supplements to use ICly and rations for EpUs (as they are technically allowed to initiate rations) means that I think that a paycheck for them should apply, not necessarily a high amount though.
If I've misunderstood your post though I apologize.

Oh, and I'd like to add that some (not sure about all) voice commands don't work through radio anymore.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:25:18 PM by [CA] KiwieeEh ?Lan45 ?NoBirthda »
"If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son.
I've got 99 problems, but a bitch ain't one."

"Have a great evening, sorry, maple syrup, eh, moose, and ice hockey to you!"

"Maybe it's not my weekend, but it's gonna' be my year."

Offline Khub

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2014, 09:25:17 PM »
Not quite sure if i agree with this one.
I understand that MPF units shouldn't be rolling in it but even at an 04, buying supplements to use ICly and rations for EpUs (as they are technically allowed to initiate rations) means that I think that a paycheck for them should apply, not necessarily a high amount though.
If I've misunderstood your post though I apologize.

Forgot to mention that the TrO and EpU ranks are eligible for wages as well.
There has been a discussion prior to the change and it was generally approved by the community. There's usually enough rations left around the lobby and you can always ask a high ranked unit to get them resupplied.

Offline AntiVirus

• DO YOU EVEN ROFL?...
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2014, 10:03:36 PM »
Was their ever into consideration about starting a vote after the update to see what map we could change to? for instance. City 17, City 45 etc.

Half life 2 roleplay characters \/

Offline alaskan thunderfuck

• Owner
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 10:09:07 PM »
Was their ever into consideration about starting a vote after the update to see what map we could change to? for instance. City 17, City 45 etc.
soon.
Please don't PM me regarding bans or anything having to do with in-game situations. Only PM me if you've been told I am the only one who can solve your issue.

Offline AntiVirus

• DO YOU EVEN ROFL?...
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 10:17:00 PM »
soon.
Alright thanks!! :)

Half life 2 roleplay characters \/

Offline Constable Strelnikov

• Nothing more dangerous than [DATA EXPUNGED]
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2014, 02:49:08 AM »
If paychecks for units aren't gonna be a thing anymore, duty-related items (request devices, zip ties, supplements, etc) should be free. If someone was able to get a unit in the first place, chances are they're not gonna abuse so...
READY AYE READY

Alexei Strelnikov | Alive | Innocent. Or is he?
C45.MPF.NOVA-OfC.900 | In service

Offline Anzu

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 06:47:20 AM »
Imo every rank except recruit should get a paycheck, but a very small one so they can actually buy duty-items like strelnikov said.

Offline raged

• hi im raged
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 07:10:16 AM »
whatever happened to having a supply room that was restocked daily

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 08:42:14 AM »
If you are talking about the armory in the nexus, we have exactly that.
That is the whole reason why MPF HC has wages and lower ranks do not. So they can restock the armory and buy any additional weapons if needed (Because weapons are not stocked in the armory due to obvious reasons.)
Any lower ranks can just take their loadout from the armory, or ask their HC for something if something is missing in the armory.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Full Economy [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 09:07:22 AM »
That is the whole reason why MPF HC has wages and lower ranks do not. So they can restock the armory and buy any additional weapons if needed (Because weapons are not stocked in the armory due to obvious reasons.)
Any lower ranks can just take their loadout from the armory, or ask their HC for something if something is missing in the armory.
If we're gonna go crazy-ultra-seriousness about it, lower-ranking units should get an, albeit smaller, paycheck as low-ranking patrol officers can't just waltz into the armory and take shit, at least where I live. They need to requisition stuff before they take it.

Perhaps have a supply requisition sheet/datapad file?
READY AYE READY

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 09:28:30 AM »
If we're gonna go crazy-ultra-seriousness about it, lower-ranking units should get an, albeit smaller, paycheck as low-ranking patrol officers can't just waltz into the armory and take shit, at least where I live. They need to requisition stuff before they take it.

what if you guys had a sort of logistics and supply person whos duty is to keep supply stocked and give units stuff they need like a supply officer irl? Could even rp getting new uniforms and stuff.

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: [03/16/14] HL2RP Update #2
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2014, 10:21:24 AM »

what if you guys had a sort of logistics and supply person whos duty is to keep supply stocked and give units stuff they need like a supply officer irl? Could even rp getting new uniforms and stuff.
Would be neat. I know I need a new set of kevlar due to a riot ages ago, so...
READY AYE READY

Offline Nicknero

• Hatsune Miku
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [GMR2 Award] 100 MPH
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2014, 03:23:13 PM »

Who in the world would want to sit in the armory 24/7 giving out loadout to everyone?
High command does this like I said. Not a single person. Just whoever is available currently.

This is also why I want C45 back. Because there we at least had a lock on the armory that only high command knew. And thus everyone had to ask them to get something.
Check out my Youtube channel with all kinds of cool videos including LP's which I'm currently working at. Don't forget to give feedback as well. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal