Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse RP Server  (Read 15462 times)

Offline SirTai

• *~(Jason Brody Wannabe)~*
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Zombie Apocalypse RP Server
« on: May 24, 2012, 07:11:22 PM »
I mean, who wouldn't play? D:

A Co-operative Survival gamemode, where you had to look for safe places, and people would be able to play as zombies or as humans, or there would be zombie mobs spawning, and you could look for ammo, guns and supplies, anything that would help you survive.
Coming to think of it, we could use an "apocalypse" version of evocity v33x as map. That map would be great, its big and shit.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:25:52 PM by Lord SirTai »

Offline SeraphRakov

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Zombie Apocalypse RP Server
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 08:47:29 PM »
I was with you on OCRP when this was suggested, and I think it's a great idea. Even better on evocity. We could re-purpose certain places for new use, like barricading up KFC or other places.

Definite +support

Offline Kaiser Wilhelm I ?DetroitRP

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 08:52:18 PM »
It must be a SERIOUS rp server. No dark rp just kill zombies all day.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 09:28:41 PM »
It must be a SERIOUS rp server. No dark rp just kill zombies all day.

Exactly my point.

With NPC zombies, it kinda ruins the RP because they can't /me, they will just attack you.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline SirTai

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 11:17:24 PM »
It could be SERIOUS. The enviroment and the situation are great for a Serious RP gamemode. And players could be infected not jut by bites and scratches and all that, (also they should be able to get infected when they wanted to, like you RPing you fell over a dead zombie body and some blood got onto your face. A drop, into your eye. You're infected, and will begin to turn in a few hours/days.. etc. AND there should be something like a virus anti-body that people could inject themselves with, to slow down its action. It would give another purpose for the survival groups to go search for this medicine to keep their infected sane.

Offline Crap-Head

• #OCRP2
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2012, 09:15:38 AM »
Would be fun for a week, then boring.

And we don't have the playerbase to start something thats really good, and the playerbase will just bring the RP down and run around, killing zombies.
Please do not add me on Steam because you have in-game problems. Make a thread in the correct board on the forum and i will respond to that whenever i have time.

Offline Uubucks

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 09:16:33 AM »
Like I said in the thread "More servers" this is a great idea.  I still think it would need a little work though.

Would we have only basic infected or different mutations?  How did the infection start?  Where did the infection start?  What year did it start?

Needs some backstory to get my really interested.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 09:25:02 AM »
I don't think it should be RP, lets just have a zombie gamemode that lets you kill zombies. 1 player starts as a zombie and it spreads. That's fun.

Offline BRO | Lokolopes

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 09:32:10 AM »
Great idea, but to improve roleplay there should also be needs, like thirsty and hunger, so that once the food of a location like KFC is over you need to go look somewhere else, there should be a way you're infected through wounds, like, you got a wound in your arm, you have to look for a bandage or something to prevent you from being infected through it, weapon ammo should be scarce and zombies should not die so easily, like, 3 to 4 shots to the chest, a shot to the leg can slow the faster zombies(there should be 2 or 3 types of zombies) down and 1 to 2 shots to the head should kill, there should be improvised weapons like a baseball bat with spikes and shit, and once you die you lose all your previous status, like weapons and maybe skills if implemented into the server and other stuff, looting dead player corpses should be possible, so once you die your friend or else can take your stuff(will influence people into killing each other thou).

Skills should be all available to all players and should be improved as you work them out, like, the more you shoot your guns, the better precision and less recoil you have, but not to let them get to a point where there is no recoil thou
+Support

Offline BRO | Lokolopes

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2012, 10:37:07 AM »
I don't think it should be RP, lets just have a zombie gamemode that lets you kill zombies. 1 player starts as a zombie and it spreads. That's fun.
That would pretty mush be a non match based Zombie Panic

Offline SirTai

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 10:57:42 AM »
Would be fun for a week, then boring.

And we don't have the playerbase to start something thats really good, and the playerbase will just bring the RP down and run around, killing zombies.

But that's the point! We need Serious RP servers to atract serious rp players. They won't come because of OCRP or HRP. Maybe because of HL2RP.

If you are to do it with your mind already set in failure, it will fail. There won't be a perfect RP gamemode that will pass through your mind and that will change the whole CG community, and be the most played at first. You gotta start from something.

Imagine this situation: A new, non-rping, player joins the server, just to kill zombies. He'd start with nothing. If he faces a zombie bare handed, he'd die.That's what happens to most people. He would either leave, or have to look for weapons and ammo (which would be scarce) and would probably find other players, RPing, and would get involved in this.

How many of you have never wished you were in a zombie apocalypse? Everyone loves it. Some people even wait for it. The work is half done for you.  A serious RP server where players could immerge into that chaos and struggle for their lives would be an awesome attractive for new players. And good RPing players with them.

Don't turn down ideas like this one just because GMR2 died, already.

Offline BRO | Lokolopes

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2012, 11:13:43 AM »
Like I said in the thread "More servers" this is a great idea.  I still think it would need a little work though.

Would we have only basic infected or different mutations?  How did the infection start?  Where did the infection start?  What year did it start?

Needs some backstory to get my really interested.
I think there should be infection levels, like, the more you kill and consume people, the more advenced your infection stage will be, but if you die your stage resets to the starting level

About the story, i would suggest an virus outbreak, a chemical explosion or something, but that is too much cliche, but i'll try ;P

"About 2 years ago, the government was trying to create a cure for cancer, a cure based in a virus that would live in your body, like an anti-cancer virus, that would consume cancer cells and spread around the body to prevent it from having cancer ever again. They managed to get to such cure, they named it ZRP. At first, everything seemed to be going just fine, people no longer were showing to have cancer cells in theyr bodies. Evocity was getting a lot of money from the whole world by selling this cure, but they didn't think there would be any bad side-effects as the time was passing. 5 months later, people were starting to show very strange symptoms, and no-one ever imagined that the cure was the responsible for all this. They didn't predict that it would eventually consume the whole host body and take complete control of it. The virus needed to feed itself another cells, so it made the host seek for clean blood, and meat to keep theyr host from loosing it's strenght. And the worst part is, once this advanced stage enter in contact with another body, it quickly spreads through it's body by consuming the the other ZRP cells and turning them into the same stage cells. So it quickly became viral, as it would easily infect another body through wound and contact to eyes or mouth. The bites from infected were pretty much a death sentence, as it takes 10 to 15 minutes to completely turn the new host into a zombie like being that is thirsty for new blood and meat. As the infected consumed others, they grew stronger, but they were still human bodies and needed theyr organs to work, so it was not so hard to put those creatures down. The military forces decided the only way to destroy this menace was to sacrifice the lifes of hundreads of people, so they did they needed to do in order to save the human race, they threw a small scale nuclear bomb in the main source of the infection: Evocity. Luckly some people managed to survive the explosion by hiding in the subway lines that were not affected by the explosions. The infection was not stoped, but the bombs reduced considerably the amount of infected. The remaining people manage to survive with whatever they find, waiting for a military extraction that would never come..."
Ok my creativity ended at this point, enhance the story if you like to and give some ideas too. I think it looks kinda cool :D

Offline SirTai

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2012, 11:19:56 AM »
Wouldn't a nuclear bomb kill everyone with radiation?

Offline The Joke

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 11:25:50 AM »
It would get boring after a week, I would reccomend a zombie survival server instead, one that does not have any RP involved.
C45.CCA.JURY-05.755
Activity: Following orders

Zak Grant
Activity: Trying to adjust to the Outlands again

Mike Harolds
Activity:Trying to stay alive in the Outlands

Zak Renolds
Activity: Trying to stay alive in the city

Offline BRO | Lokolopes

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2012, 01:37:12 PM »
Wouldn't a nuclear bomb kill everyone with radiation?

Ok let's put a napalm bomb instead of a nuclear one :P

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal