Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse RP Server  (Read 15492 times)

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Zombie Apocalypse RP Server
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 02:05:34 PM »
Wouldn't a nuclear bomb kill everyone with radiation?

Imagine it like a larger Chernobyl, we can go to Chernobyl, we can visit it, but we can't really live anywhere close in Pripyat, but it's safe to visit, that's what a larger nuclear explosion would PROBABLY be like, just less safe, and lasts a lot longer

Offline Darthwill

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Evo City Marathon [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 07:01:57 PM »
I think it would be fun. I'm Not to sure how I feel about using an evo city map, but I haven't seen an apocalyptic map for x33 so maybe I can be convinced otherwise.
I think npc zombies would be okay. Have a somewhat lighter Rp tone for the server but a lot more then ocrp.
I would defiantly put dedication into Administrating and playing on it if we had one.
Feel free to add me on steam.

Offline Dewfan97

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 06:44:16 PM »
A Zombie Apocalypse Rp Server would be epic, you cant find to many of those these days.

Offline Somone77

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2012, 08:55:07 PM »
I think you guys should play it on gm_atomic

Just sayin'

Offline smt

• lemon flavor lubricant
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 08:58:56 PM »
rp/gm_apocalypse is a lot nicer than atomic

Offline L3GO-Barry

• Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 03:57:23 AM »
i really like this idea for a Zombie rp server it would take a bit to make but at least a Lite or semi serous sever would be good
Hi im ben trollen im from Microsoft IM BANNING -_- If abortion is murder, blowjobs are cannibalism

Offline {-=ECRP=-} ShvartZ

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2012, 06:33:51 AM »
Definitely, +support
FEAR = Fuck Everything And Run

The Mysterious Stranger

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2012, 08:32:03 PM »
 Lemme give a storyline a try. After that, I will give out my opinions on this topic.

"The dreadful, desolate wasteland that was ruined by a pre-war ancient weapon that plunged human beings into a fearful nightmare. Back in 2015, the government of Russia signed a agreement with China to launch a full-scale massive war amongst the United States of America, Europe, Canada and anyother NATO country out there along with other self-countries. Apparently, the NATO countries have lost due to being outrighted by the powerful armies of their two opponents. They have lost and everything that was theres was now occupied and controlled by Russia and China. In 2017, a Resistance party consisting of American and Canadian neighbours built a chemical that could turn a exposed human being into outrageous, out-of-control zombie. Some are slow and some are fast, some have different appearances but all of this went straight to hell. The survivors were the only ones that could make it out alive... Alive, healthly carriers are the ones who could save us all.

In 2018, the war started. 3 years of urban attacks with nuclear and chemical attacks consisting of the most brutal wars - yet not one of the only brutal. This is only the start. The good and bad started to join up together to fight the infected. The infected people were outrageous, hideous zombies who revolutionized the whole Earth with their appearance, walking through streets, buildings, subways, gardens and any other urban district just to find human beings to eat them. To crave for human flesh.

In 2019, the population of humans have lowered greatly and the population of zombies has increased. The armies and survivors often have trouble fighting as more people speak for help. The internet, telephone - almost everything used by human beings were now gone and left. "Beep, beep, beep, beep..." is heard continously from a phone echoing through the building as it waits for its user to take it and call. The chemicals that were used by the humans were now destroyed by mixing solutions and throwing them into barrels where they are left to contaminate, mostly the ocean area where it is left to rot and decay on the ocean floor. Almost every urban district is ruthlessly devastated by zombies. Medical supplies, food, districts, towns and cities are now lowering. Survivors who are expertised with their jobs put it to good use as more and more saferooms hidden underground are used to create new medical supplies and even technology. Most factories are heavily gaurded by the military that let survivors put their jobs to work to create items. You take the boots of a survivor from a different country and different story go along with other survivors to put your hours, months, days, years to good use. It's what you need to prepare for the... zombie apocalypse. The clock starts... now.
"

Good, yes, no, yes? Up to you, I made the story that was mixed with war games like Homefront, Call of Duty, and all those kind of games just to make one paragraph. Anyways, time to announce my opinions.

1. Garrysmod 13 will be a better option to implement this gamemode in and shouldn't be used in just one community but for other communities aswell so the gamemode can spread. This way, those communities can modify this gamemode and share their opinions about this too.

2. In order to make a great gamemode, you should probably mix up Half-Life 2 Open Aura with some people who are excellent in computer things like scripting, SWEP'ing, mapping (most modding games include great mappers) and other people aswell. This way, you can bring more experience for users who are playing it. My question is, where would you get these kind of people?

3. Patient is key. Just don't give up on this type of gamemode.

4. Change the storyline abit - nothing like the Half-Life 2 storyline but pure fiction. I mostly involved the military and survivors and some mash-ups of movies and videogames all mixed together. The in-game models are suppose to be abit different in skins, models, weapons, environment, storyline and other things. Probably insert some eastereggs and events. This will work greatly for a publc, downloadable mod.

That's all for now I guess. +SUPPORT
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:35:45 PM by STALKER »

Offline ?????S?????karu

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2012, 10:28:14 PM »
I agree with Stalker this sounds like it would be a really fun GameMode just that it should wait till GMOD 13 gets released.

Offline Infant Punter

• Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 10:04:13 PM »
Sounds like a decent RP but it would be hard to keep it serious. People would spend all time killing zombies except of RPing.

Disagree
I am going to punt an infant across the baseball field in order to get a hole in one.

Like a bawsh

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 10:33:49 AM »
I like the idea  but they can Ban people for being UnSurious...

Support.
are you kidding me, seriously?

how about you detail why you like it instead of place a dumb +support
you have any idea how annoying these posts are? hmmh?

Offline PixelDuh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2012, 02:28:46 PM »
My attempt on a backstory (i'm really good at these)

day after first infection
A mysterious mutation of the flu caused by a spongiform manipulating its DNA has appeared out of almost nowhere. It's been heavily spread around the population. Everyone thinks it will be like Mad Cow's disease, as it will blow over very soon. There are no current symptoms as of yet, except for the obvious, yet strangely suppressed flu-like symptoms. The government calls this flu Instare fata, or as the rest of the populace calls it, the Red Flu.
One week after first infection
Headline news: A man on bath-salts infected with the Red Flu attempted to ear another man's face off. (see where this is going?) Reporters say he was deranged and crazy, spoke in a slurred, somewhat feral voice. His skin was very pale and he appeared to be very high.
10 days after first infection
Many other incidences of cannibalism is reported. What appears to be a riot begins in Atlanta, Georgia, calling the entire police force of Fulton County to downtown. Other cities nationwide are 'rioting' as well. A man in Sacramento, California, a professor of Latin in the university of California has translated "Instare Fata" to "Impending Doom." Apparently, the government knew what was going down.
2 weeks after first infection
The Flu like symptoms wearing off of 90% of the population, with rabies-like symptoms sprouting. People have become Feral beasts, feeding on uninfected humans and even other infected. If someone lives with just a bite, they will become infected within a few hours. Bites are the ONLY things that make you turn after this point.
16 days after first infection
Many of the largest cities in the world (Tokyo, Atlanta, New York, London) have been overrun with infected. Almost no people are still alive in those cities. And those that are have little chance of survival.
19 days after first infection
The US military takes as much of the surviving population as they can from the cities that have not entirely been overrun. It turns out that for years, the government has been hiding information from their populace. Humanity has colonized the planet Mars several years ago, in case something bad like the Red Flu were ever to happen. All of them boarded a space shuttle and went on their journey to Mars.
25 days after first infection
EvoCity has barricaded themselves in. They are the only self sustaining city in the world so far. Their master plan was to import (before the infection, they had their own Latin Scholars ;)) hundreds of treadmills and place them around the city. That way, if an infected tried to get in, they kept on walking on the treadmill, where the snipers would dispatch them (idea gained from here: http://slaymyboredom.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/screen-shot-2012-03-25-at-11-56-37-pm.png?w=580) Meanwhile, on Mars, everything goes according to plan. Everyone settled into the Colony, Everyone was fine. Except... there was a stowaway on board.
One month after first infection
One zombie came into EvoCity. Just one, and then the entire city got overrun. But there were many survivors. About [insert player number here] survivors, that wouldn't let up to the zombies. But the city's defenses were down. Soon even more zombies came into the city, and more survivors died. The human race was almost extinct, as Mars had been unexpectedly overrun as well. But the Evocity survivors did not give up.
"That is the end of my dream, and my story as well. For it is your future I saw."
Give me constructive critisism please, not "LOL UR STORU SUKKS BALLSAKS LULZ" as many others have done.
SMILEYSPAM :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'( SMILEYSPAM
For gaming videos, such as Minecraft, Half Life, Black Mesa, and Spore, go to http://www.youtube.com/user/PixelDuh?feature=mhee

Offline [RS] Fallen

• VIP
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2012, 10:09:17 PM »
It must be a SERIOUS rp server. No dark rp just kill zombies all day.
Agree. If people join this Zombie RP Server and then join HL2RP its going to be hell for people to learn how to Serious RP.
I like the idea.
But i'm going to have to pass.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal