Author Topic: [Server GM Suggestion] Meta-Strike - a game of near-infinite variation  (Read 3130 times)

Offline Liam Watson

• View Profile
    • Awards
*copypasta from the thread on Facepunch*

Meta-Strike is a Fretta gamemode that's like Counter-Strike, but with a twist: Each round is different from the last, in one way or another! Each round, your loadout is selected for you, and three "Strike Mods" are chosen. These "Strike Mods" apply to all players on both teams, and have some interesting effects. Some are simple, like modified damage or movespeed. Some are difficult to deal with, like guns that "overheat" or bullets that have a chance to bounce off of players. Some are downright crazy, like zombies spawning around the map, bullets that steal health, guns that shoot babies, and more.

The rest of the game rules are simple: kill all players on the opposing team. There may be actual CSS objectives in a later version, though for now it's just that. There are also the main objectives available as Strike Mods! Also, did I mention that the teams are "Admins" and "Mingebags"? Nobody represent terrorism like mingebags!

Now, some pictures:

Click to see the original size.
Not much to see here, other than the HUD.
Here Isaac "Testdummy" Kleiner demonstrates the "Hit/Miss Chance" Strike Mod.
Testing Meta-Strike on the Coronia DS.
Getting pwned by Suiryu on the Coronia DS.
New HUD Team Icons.
Demonstrating how snipers plus mobility Strike Mods provide for some great sniper spots.
The new Bomb Defusal Strike Mod. Pay no attention to the Ammo HUD, that has been fixed.

There are currently 27 fully-functioning Strike Mods and 9 weapons. You can test the gamemode right now on skullorz's server:
50.31.22.230:27015 (click to connect now)

Let me know if you want a copy of the beta.

-Suppercut/HIG

Offline Tapir!

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
This looks really intersting, i don't know why it's so dead of a topic. I think we totally should get a server that runs this mod, it looks awesome.

Offline Tyrone McNigga

• removed your title due to it being way too big - pm me(Kronic) to have it changed
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What about the REAL admins? What team are they on?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal