Author Topic: More servers.  (Read 16399 times)

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: More servers.
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2012, 02:38:35 AM »
I'll bring this idea up to Kronic later too over steam. Also, read everything in my reply, as if you just read the first sentence and reply on that part only you will make yourself look silly.

Trash HL2RP. HL2RP is stale and the same stuff every single day. Players rely heavily on admins for role play (events and such). HL2RP is also flooded with minges daily, and on outlands the amount of minges go way down but people don't play there a lot for the most part. Whenever I get on the city server it is nearly the same thing every time, go on my unit and patrol, beat some citizens occasionally, detain some, and all of that. As for citizenRP, the RP possibilities are very slim, depending on what you do. Whenever you do begin to role play with another citizen, most of the time they are very new to serious role play or they are not good role players and just do "/me attempts to punch the guy." and not "/me balls up his fist, brings it back, and attempts to punch the citizen across the mouth." Basically, a lot of the citizens don't do very good /me's. Now to get what I wanted to say. I think we should do FalloutRP, it could be New Vegas, 3, or just our own custom canon. Some players here at CG came from the same community that I was at, Infusion Gaming. On FalloutRP it's new things every day, and it's not stale. Players did not rely on admins as near as much as they do on HL2RP, and there wasn't a lot of elitism because you could be walking around with a nice rifle and armor, then loose it in 15mins. It also had lots of PassiveRP and Action(?)RP, depending on what path you took. It was also 10x more stricter than CG, meaning there was little to no minges. The way IG pulled it off was good in some ways, but they could have done it differently so it would have been better. One major problem with FalloutRP was white knighting, but if CG pulls it off correctly, then we won't have that problem. If we were to focus mainly on player based groups, and not canon factions (like if we went with a New Vegas canon, then don't focus much on the NCR, focus more on PBG's for more RP), it would be better.

The point is, HL2RP is stale and we need a new gamemode, because as of now, HL2RP has low RP quality and is nearly the same thing everyday.

Now watch the hate come.

And FalloutRP is going to be any better? It is not the gamemode, it is the idiots that play the game. Either way, FalloutRP is shit.

Depending on how CG pulls it off, yes it will be better. New things everyday, and the players won't have to rely on admins as much. There is also maps out there that are also really good, like rp_apocalapse

It still will not matter as to the minges, admins will always be needed. Minges are common on Garrys Mod and they keep coming.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline rBST Cow

• Tinniest title on CG
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2012, 02:46:36 AM »
I'll bring this idea up to Kronic later too over steam. Also, read everything in my reply, as if you just read the first sentence and reply on that part only you will make yourself look silly.

Trash HL2RP. HL2RP is stale and the same stuff every single day. Players rely heavily on admins for role play (events and such). HL2RP is also flooded with minges daily, and on outlands the amount of minges go way down but people don't play there a lot for the most part. Whenever I get on the city server it is nearly the same thing every time, go on my unit and patrol, beat some citizens occasionally, detain some, and all of that. As for citizenRP, the RP possibilities are very slim, depending on what you do. Whenever you do begin to role play with another citizen, most of the time they are very new to serious role play or they are not good role players and just do "/me attempts to punch the guy." and not "/me balls up his fist, brings it back, and attempts to punch the citizen across the mouth." Basically, a lot of the citizens don't do very good /me's. Now to get what I wanted to say. I think we should do FalloutRP, it could be New Vegas, 3, or just our own custom canon. Some players here at CG came from the same community that I was at, Infusion Gaming. On FalloutRP it's new things every day, and it's not stale. Players did not rely on admins as near as much as they do on HL2RP, and there wasn't a lot of elitism because you could be walking around with a nice rifle and armor, then loose it in 15mins. It also had lots of PassiveRP and Action(?)RP, depending on what path you took. It was also 10x more stricter than CG, meaning there was little to no minges. The way IG pulled it off was good in some ways, but they could have done it differently so it would have been better. One major problem with FalloutRP was white knighting, but if CG pulls it off correctly, then we won't have that problem. If we were to focus mainly on player based groups, and not canon factions (like if we went with a New Vegas canon, then don't focus much on the NCR, focus more on PBG's for more RP), it would be better.

The point is, HL2RP is stale and we need a new gamemode, because as of now, HL2RP has low RP quality and is nearly the same thing everyday.

Now watch the hate come.

And FalloutRP is going to be any better? It is not the gamemode, it is the idiots that play the game. Either way, FalloutRP is shit.

Depending on how CG pulls it off, yes it will be better. New things everyday, and the players won't have to rely on admins as much. There is also maps out there that are also really good, like rp_apocalapse

It still will not matter as to the minges, admins will always be needed. Minges are common on Garrys Mod and they keep coming.

Hence the reason why IG was so strict. If we are stricter, then there will be little to no minges. Just because you ban a minge for a day, doesn't mean it will magically make him be a good person.
abbot common stop bad for you if u watch anime all day nigga u fuckn weaboo

Offline FPSRussia

• AUTISTIC FAGGOT WHORE
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2012, 02:59:55 AM »

Now watch the hate come.

Hence the reason why IG was so strict. If we are stricter, then there will be little to no minges. Just because you ban a minge for a day, doesn't mean it will magically make him be a good person.

Without further adieu, I do believe this will never happen based on the facts of we have put SO much effort into building our HL2RP and have grown so much off of it.
hello my name is Ryan Fournier. I am known on the internet as autism, and I like to pretend I am a little boy named Jamie Laou, a Justin Bieber look alike. I am not 18, so don't listen to me when I say I am. I'm roughly 13 years old.

Offline Eclipse

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Dedicated Player [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2012, 02:07:11 PM »
You can't really trash HL2RP, people will just move on to another HL2RP if that is done, so what is the point on doing that.

Offline tim

• SPACE JAM
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2012, 09:51:07 PM »
Sorry for the bump, but a friend was working on a gamemode and I think it's quite fun.

Quote from: Him

Meta-Strike is a Fretta gamemode that's like Counter-Strike, but with a twist: Each round is different from the last, in one way or another! Each round, your loadout is selected for you, and three "Strike Mods" are chosen. These "Strike Mods" apply to all players on both teams, and have some interesting effects. Some are simple, like modified damage or movespeed. Some are difficult to deal with, like guns that "overheat" or bullets that have a chance to bounce off of players. Some are downright crazy, like zombies spawning around the map, bullets that steal health, guns that shoot babies, and more.

The rest of the game rules are simple: kill all players on the opposing team. There may be actual CSS objectives in a later version, though for now it's just that. Also, did I mention that the teams are "Admins" and "Mingebags"? Nobody represent terrorism like mingebags!

Yeah.

#

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal