Author Topic: [01/27/2012] HL2RP Outlands Update  (Read 8500 times)

Offline BltElite

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[01/27/2012] HL2RP Outlands Update
« on: January 27, 2012, 05:30:03 PM »

Server Update

Download link: http://64.31.14.194/maps/rp_ineu_pass_v1b.zip

NB: An event will begin shortly as of posting of this news thread, so get on for the big move!
Event is postponed until Outlands work again, read second post.
Map-change event is planned to happen at 21:00 GMT+0 (London time) / 13:00 GMT-8 (US time) / 15:00 GMT-6 on 01/31/2012 (If everything goes right and RoflWaffle wakes up). Be there with us.

Thanks to a budding mapper, Spatula Statua, we have a new outlands map, known as rp_ineu_pass_v1b, where it contains multiple things;

This is a wilderness/hl2 outlands style RP map geographically placed in the Ineu mountains of Romania (though the brushwork is not geographically correct). It's a combination of the Episode 2 maps "ep2_outland_10" and "ep2_outland_10a" with some of my own brushwork to merge the two maps (the pass) as well as fill in some areas to make the map less linear. The map has buildings in the town as well as a small garage kind of thing erected on one of the hills. There are access points alongside the cliffs to climb up the cliff faces. The whiteforest station was converted into my own creation (the whole thing is my work aside from the outside entrance) of a bunker with a black mesaish looking mini lab. If you don't have episode 2, no worries. As long as you don't mind a little purple and black with a few errors here and there. I packed some of the materials and models into the map.

Here's a list of what the map includes:

-high skybox
-tons of walking space
-verticalness to decrease linearity and increase "room"
-soundscapes
-lab
-overwatch outpost (hit use on the helicopters cockpit to teleport to the forest)
-custom skybox
-attempted optimization via z-clip plane and model fade distance (will probably increase the fade next version)
-10 different refugee/rebel camps
-tunnel
-waterfalls

Credits
Valve - Brushwork "ep2_outland_10" and "ep2_outland_10a" and all Source Content (HL2, CS:S, EP2, L4D2)
Komaock - Skybox Texture
TopHATTWaffle - Waterfall Texture
SgtSickness - Sink Model
spaceship324 - Foliage Pack

Pictures:

« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 01:54:29 PM by Veran120 »
what

Offline Veran120

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: [01/27/2012] HL2RP Outlands Update
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 06:00:07 PM »
I'm very sorry people, but the event is postponed until Outlands work again. It's not our fault, our host failed and we can't do anything at the moment.

ETA on Outlands being back on is unknown for now.
HL2RP Characters
UU.C45.SeC.58466 | ALIVE | City 45 | "If you fail me, better for you if you commit suicide." | Theme: [Click]
Zoey 'Angel' Talke | ALIVE | City 45 | "Oh really?" | Theme: [Click]
Valerie 'Val' Anderson | ALIVE | Outlands | *grin* | Theme: [Click]

Offline Sexy Frog

• "Fire alone can save our clan..."
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 06:23:45 PM »
Awwww....but WHOOP in the map being done.

>No matter what happens, no matter how old I get.
>I'll never forget...
>Fats Mcgee. And his Retard Three.

Offline Adam S

• I FUCK HORSES AND I HAVE AUTISM
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Full Economy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 06:33:35 PM »
Can you mirror the link, the website download speed is terrible for me (Less than 500KB/sec)

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 07:27:39 PM »

Offline wag1

• somalian dry
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 08:20:23 PM »
I'm loving it. I love the OTA outpost and the waterfalls, except the only thing I'm a bit iffy on is arguments over bases.

Offline putin

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »
I'm loving it. I love the OTA outpost and the waterfalls, except the only thing I'm a bit iffy on is arguments over bases.
Everyone on outlands is pretty kind to eachother, we all are like a big family. I really don't think it will be a problem.

Offline Delta1116732

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 09:29:21 PM »
I downloaded the map and all I have to say is....... holy.... shit... This is the best map i'v ever seen.  ;D I mean it guys CG has really outdone their self on this map. It's big it has lots and lots of mini camps a little town, the resistance base and my favorite is the fact that it is kind of all in one big long pathway so you get to see a bit of everything and it takes a while to get to the resistance base in the big bunker i think that will be a key point in the server.  So i'm wondering the only thing is this map is HUGE I believe there is only like what? 5 or 6 resistance members (With the uniform) won't that be A LOT of grounds to cover for the area? So i'd assume they won't let people into the bunker being it has so much stuff in it but just that fact is there isn't many resistance. How are they going to keep the bunker active? Saying i'd just assume they would keep the bunker off limits. But main point being the map is just fantastic! Good work  :D

Out of Character for OOC:
Colombo Beniamino: i'm honestly contemplating joining NOVA even though i don't like medical RP because it actually has active DvL

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 09:33:47 PM »
This map looks insanely amazing.
Matther 'Shadow' McDermit
Outlands, Alive; helping refugees and giving out supplies.

Walton Pier
Publicly shot and killed after being forced to jump off the Nexus from having too much contrabands

Matt Pir
City 45, Alive; protesting the Combine.

Megan Jills
City 45, Alive; grows tired of Combine rule

Walker Moep
City 45, Loyalist; Helping the UU clean

Offline .Zynced

• Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Comrades
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 05:02:05 AM »
This will gain outland players!
Thank god CG you're amazing thanks!

Offline Jeff2307

•    
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Millionaire [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2012, 05:34:19 AM »
Very nice map, hope to play it soon if outlands is a bit more populated. ;)

Offline YankeeSamurai

• /me spit on cp mask
  • Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2012, 10:57:41 AM »
Statua, you've set the standard for hl2rp outlands maps. Amazing job with the map, props to you.
o7

Offline Cats Pajamas

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2012, 11:22:25 AM »
Everyone on outlands is pretty kind to eachother, we all are like a big family. I really don't think it will be a problem.

Not for long. I may have to declare a war if someone takes spot I want on map.
Glenn Irene Jr. Savior of the Outlands!

Offline Statua

• INEU CREATOR
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Owner Party [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 11:42:55 AM »

If its the Russian facility, You will end up losing. :3

Offline ???????£??Rose Nocturna???

• Kitsune Developer
  • Gold Member
  • Awards [OCRP Award] Secret Phrase [OCRP Award] Evo City Half Marathon [OCRP Award] Social Player [OCRP Award] You Own The Mall
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 01:27:10 PM »

If its the Russian facility, You will end up losing. :3

Not if I want it, cause I can't die. :<

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal